Saturday 23 April 2011

23 April 2011

I've figured out that I miss talking about Lily. Around the funeral it was all we did, but as the weeks have passed, it's becoming less and less. Sarah and I talk about Lily, but not many people outside our family do. I can understand that most people wouldn't want to bring up anything painful for me, but I've come to discover it's something that helps me.

When I talk about her I remember the stories of her scans, the special time I got to spend with her once she was born, the amazing impact she has left in so many people's lives... It helps me remember something I never want to forget. So don't be afraid to ask about my little girl.

If you want to know the story of the amazing birth that is beyond belief, ask me. If you want to know about the scans, ask me. If you want to know what it's been like to go through what I have, ask me (but I'm honest and open about it all, so please don't ask if you don't really want to know =P). If you want to know what it's like to cut through an umbilical cord, ask me =)

I enjoy talking about Lily, so please don't hold back questions or comments for my sake. I like to know other people are thinking about her too =)

Today I'm thankful for: Being a proud Dad.


No comments:

Post a Comment