Wednesday 13 April 2011

13 April 2011

Dear Lily,

Amongst many other things, sorry I didn't get the chance to read a story with you. As you'll find out one day my story telling includes a range of voices/action/running around and you would have enjoyed it =)

I imagined spoiling you, then pretending to feel bad about it later...

I imagined racing around with you in your push chair, then hopping in myself and asking you to push me around...

When you were a bit older I had planned to sneak into the kitchen with you and secretly eat ice-cream before breakfast...

When you were too young to drive, but old enough to reach the pedals, I imagined letting you drive around a deserted parking lot with me...

When you brought home a boyfriend I imagined not liking him very much...

And when you needed me, I imagined always being there...

I imagined a whole life with you, and I love you with a lifetime's worth of love.


Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment