Wednesday 20 April 2011

20 April 2011

I have never been a 'bling' kind of guy. It took me months and months to get used to my wedding ring, and I had never even considered wearing anything else. In the week after we said goodbye to Lily I got the idea that Sarah and I should get rings to remember her. The idea stuck with me, and the more I thought about it the more I liked the idea. It's a physical way to remember her, and it's something I can look at every day to remind me how lucky I am to have had such a perfect daughter.

We looked at rings in the 6 stores we could find in Hamilton, but even after a second visit to all of them there was nothing that I liked and that would remind me of Lily when I looked at it. Eventually I had one made, as what I wanted didn't exist. After what seems like a very long wait, we finally have our rings. It's half white gold, half yellow gold, and has a single diamond set in the middle. It represents Sarah, myself and Lily, and engraved inside is "Lily Tyne 17.3.11".


It's not the most masculine ring, but that's not the reason I got it. Every time I see that diamond I'm reminded of the time I got to spend with Lily and how lucky I am. It's nice to finally have it =) It's like a promise to never forget her...

Today I'm thankful for: The ability to carry around a reminder that I'm a Dad, and my daughter was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment