Friday 15 April 2011

15 April 2011

I find myself going over all the positive things again and again in my head, so I won't forget anything. It's been great talking to people about Lily too. I find myself remembering little details I had forgotten as I re-tell her story.

I've found it easier to get through a day at work, and I'm not dead tired when I get home, but I feel like it hasn't left me with much time to think about things and process feelings. When I get home I'm exhausted, and my brain has started to shut down for the night. I'm nowhere near as tired as I was last week, but I don't have the energy I need to be able to really process things. It takes energy to process, but it's good.

I've noticed a few changes in the way I react to things too... When I see a parent with their young child it's still hard, and I still wish more than anything that Lily was in my arms, but I find myself thinking "I wish I didn't have to wait longer to experience that".

I would still give anything to have Lily here with us, but more than anything else I'm thankful for the time we had with her. Her 8 months on this earth changed people's lives forever =)

Today I'm thankful for: My perfect little girl, and the joy she brought us.

No comments:

Post a Comment